Pages

Tuesday, June 22, 2021

WRITE THAT ESSAY #2

The "ed" sentence

try starting your sentence with the ed form of the verb. H makes for a punchy start to a sentence.

Remember the rule: When you have finished your ed phase, place a comma then write a test of the sentence.

Some- ed words - Surprised, excited, angered, possessed, committed, electrified, Horrified

Examples: "determined to win Tony pushed himself in the last meters of the sprint."

"Concerned for the well-being of the others, the prime minister passed new laws. "

"Committed to working, she focused really hard to complete the work "

Angered by a classmate, I punched a pillow in my room.

Horrified by a ghost, I quickly ran away.

Shocked by the sound, I fell off my chair.

Surprised by the visit of my brother, I ran and hugged him.

Determined to be successful in all my subjects, I stayed up till 3:00 am studying.

----------------------------------------------

In the "power" sentence

if you waffle a lot of your writing, try using a power sentence. Begin your paragraph with a power sentence of 12 words or less. Get straight to the point.

Examples: 
"Money is the most of all evil"
"What is right, isn't always popular"

Friends aren't always true to each other.
Athletics is tiring.
Alexis is Joseph's lost sister.
Alexis has a crush on someone.
Pineapple on pizza is disgusting,

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.