Pages

Thursday, December 24, 2020

Summer Learning Journey: Hana Koko 2020 - 2021

 Summer Learning Journey: Hana Koko 2020 - 2021

Hello! I'm back, sorry I haven't been active for a few days but here is an original Santa Claus outfit inspired by my home country, the Philippines! 

For this activity we had to make our own Santa Claus costume/outfit using google drawings based on where we live. I used to live in the Philippines 4 years ago and I really miss my friends and family from the Philippines so I've dedicated this costume for my love to the Philippines!

I was inspired by: 

This outfit is inspired by my home country, Philippines! The colors, sun and stars are inspired my the Philippines flag.


The reason why I had included these special details from the flag since I wanted to show my appreciation and love for Philippines and for my family there!


Even though we had to make it digitally using google drawings I also drew it by hand. Fun fact it was actually the opposite, I recreated this Santa Claus costume digitally! This costume was originally made/drawn on paper.


I'll be showing both!


P.S I made my own costume using different kinds of shapes meshed together. I didn't use any existing images/pngs and I also did quite a bit changed the outfit on the digital one I made.


Made digitally =















Drawn by hand/In real life =

(It looks blurry here for some reason)



2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Zoe

    Ben here from the SLJ commenting team.

    You’ve produced an amazing set of drawings Zoe! You should be proud of your work.

    You’ve given so much though to the design. I can tell that it is coming from a really genuine place and that authenticity shows through in your work, tau kē!

    You must be a keen drawer yourself huh?

    I’m going to flag this post as outstanding so that you get extra points :D.

    Keep up the great work and Merry Christmas,
    Benjamin Martelli

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia ora Ben

      Thank you so much for the compliments! I really love to draw, I like to draw characters of my own and characters of shows I love watching. I mostly draw them in an anime style.

      Thank you so much again!

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.