Pages

Friday, December 18, 2020

Summer Learning Journey: Summer Haiku

Summer Learning Journey: Summer Haiku

Today I had made a Haiku about the night in summer. What is Haiku? you may ask, Haiku is a short type of poetry that is originally from Japan! traditional Haiku incorporates a three phrase that contains a kireji (cutting word), 17 in a total of words. in a 5, 7, 5 syllable pattern including a kigo (A seasonal reference).

Here is my Haiku about the night in summer ↓









In my opinion, making Haikus are very explicit and tend to be challenging sometimes can be stressful, you have to think carefully choosing your words especially when there is a limit on how much you could use. but for me, a person who is very interested in the culture of Japan, I really enjoy making haikus of my own.

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Zoe,

    What an incredible Haiku! I love how you have so perfectly described the New Zealand night sky. It is incredibly still and beautiful. I also like the background design you have used for the post. The text is legible but stands out against a gorgeous background. Ka pai!

    I love looking at the night sky. Some places have way clearer glimpses of it than others. I think the best places to look at the stars are Tekapo and the West Coast. Where do you think gives the best vantage point for stargazing?

    Have you considered screencasting yourself reading the haiku for extra points?

    Keep up the fantastic work and happy blogging!

    Ka kite anō,
    Shannon (SLJ)

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.