Pages

Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Summer Learning Journey Week 1: Tanerore 2020 - 2021

 Summer Learning Journey Week 1: Tanerore 2020 - 2021

Week 1: Creare a Kowhaiwhai either digitally or draw your own on paper - rotate the koru to create your repeating pattern. 

The Kowhaiwhai I created is based on the Ying Yang symbol, I choose to base it as the Ying Yan symbol since it both represents life and death, this symbol has a very interesting meaning behind it. Ying meaning life and yang being the opposite, death.

It was very fun making my own Kowhaiwahai and I had to do a bit of research around Kowhaiwhai and I did learn quite a lot of things about it. 



2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Zoe,

    My name is Shannon, and I’m from the Summer Learning Journey.

    Your Kowhaiwhai looks incredible! I love how you’ve created it and can see your yin and yang representation quite nicely! It looks beautiful and I like how you’ve kept it simple with three colours to make it bold. What made you choose those three?

    Have you ever drawn something like this before?

    Keep up the fantastic work! I can’t wait to see more of your blog posts!

    Ka kite anō,
    Shannon (SLJ)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the compliments Shannon! I kept the colouring simple since I wanted it to be a very simple looking creation but with a very complex meaning behind it. Thank you again for the compliments :D

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.