Pages

Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Arbor Day

Arbor Day

What is Arbor Day? Arbor Day is a holiday which includes people; individual or groups are encouraged to plant trees. Arbor Day is usually celebrated on the last Friday of April(24th)
 Why is Arbor Day important? Arbor Day is a very important day, it raises awareness of trees and the important role they play in our environment. Countries around the world take part in tree planting(Arbor Day) and also other tree-related events.

Why is Arbor day important for NZs environment? Arbor day is important for New Zealand because trees give us oxygen, they also provide us with the materials for tools and shelter(Replanting after) and also provide us with nutritious fruits.

what are some ways we see HHS helping with environmental/Arbor Day? HHS students(including me) celebrate Arbor Day by planting trees, out in the garden.

Last year I planted a small tree out at school to celebrate Arbor Day
Here is a picture of the tree I planted now 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.