Pages

Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Maths DLO

LO: Adding and subtracting using 5 facts.

this DLO is about using fives in every question like 5...15..

  • First you come up a question like “ 19 + 5 = “
  • Then you break down the 19 into piece you also  don’t need to break down the 5 because it is already 5.
  • Then we add them back together using fives like ( 15 + 4) (-5)
  • Then we add all the fives together  (15 + 5 = 20) (20 + 4 = 24)
  • It’s also the same with take away



Ex. 18 - 5 =
( 15 + 3) ( - 5 )
15 + 5 = 20
20 + 3 = 23


1) 15 - 7=
(-15) ( 5+2)
15 - 5 = 10
10 + 2 = 8

1 comment:

  1. Hi Zoe

    Great step by step explaining how to use this maths strategy. I wonder if you could check your final calculation on your subtracting example, your final answer doesn't look quite right.

    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.