Pages

Monday, February 11, 2019

Home Chemistry

Home Chemistry

Here are some of the chemicals people use on science.
Chemical names and normal names.

1) Salt - sodium chloride.
2) Surf (laundry powder) - Aluminosilicate.
3) White vinegar - Acetic acid.
4) Baking soda - sodium hydrogen carbonate.
5) Baking powder - sodium bicarbonate.
6) Cleaner - Sodium hydroxide.
7) Detergent - Sodium n-dodecyl benzene sulphonate.
8) Lemonade - Dilute Hydrochloric Acid.
9) Sugar - sucrose.
10) Citric Acid - Citric acid;77-92-92-hydroxypropane-1,2,3-tricarboxylic acid; Citric acid, anhydrous; Citro; Anhydrous citric acid.
Volcano experiment - described by other students.

  1. Fizzy
  2. Reaction
  3. Mixture
  4. Foam

1 comment:

  1. Kumusta Zoe!

    Great job on finishing up your 10 household ingredients list on your own time. I wonder if you can go back and add in the Aim for this task. Then you will have earned your point. The aim can be found on the Hurumanu website under Week 2.

    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.