Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2019

Dirty Water experiment

Aim: To make a filtration plant using household materials.

Image result for filtration science experiment

What is filtration?


Filtration is separating solids from liquids by adding a medium through which only the liquid can pass. 

Examples are:

  1. teabag
  2. coffee plunger/filter
  3. swimming pool
  4. kidney

Materials

1.bottle
2.cup
3.sand
4.dirty water
5.pebbles
6.filter paper
7.scissors
8.funnel
9. coffee filter

Process - ( use verbs or doing words in each step )


Step 1

Cut the bottle in half

Step 2

Put the top half upside down inside the bottle

STEP 3

Add layers of filter paper then add your sand/pebbles

STEP 4

Get 1 cup of dirty water.

STEP 5

Pour dirty water into the filter inside the down bottle

Measurements

make sure that you have a adult if your cutting the bottle in half and help getting the dirty water my group Nykachia and Ella and me. 


The Experiment worked for us But it went really slow but I think it was the clearest of all the other group and you also have to do it in order first is the sand then the small pebble/small rocks.

Here's our Filter Experiment ==>





No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.