Pages

Thursday, May 6, 2021

Nelson Mandela: Facts

Nelson Mandela: Facts

Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela born on the 18th of July 1918 was a South African anti-apartheid revolutionary, political leader. He also had served as the first black President of South Africa from 1994-1999. Nelson Mandela fought against apartheid, he refused to give up and continued to fight for freedom and was arrested and imprisoned for  27 years.

Nelson Mandela is famous for fighting and resisting apartheid. He won multiple prized back in the 90s such as the Sakharov Prize (1988), Bharat Ratna (1990), Nishan-e-Pakistan (1992), Nobel Peace Prize (1993), Lenin Peace Prize (1990),  Presidential Medal of Freedom, etc).

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.