Pages

Thursday, March 12, 2020

Reading Task

Reading task

for the past weeks, we've been reading stories about Maori culture and learning about the history of The Treaty of Waitangi and what happened between the Maori and the Europeans. Then we learned about Mahinga Kai and what was happening before the Europeans came and long before Modern Supermarkets were built. Then we read about Nanny Peka which tells us what some of the healing Plants like the kawakawa, Koromiko and Ririma.

Overall the stories we read are.

- The Treaty of Waitangi.
- Mahinga Kai.
- Nanny Peka.


We also learned about a specific word called " Whatauki ". There are different meanings to the word like love, respect and leadership. But in my opinion, I think it means sharing the love those around you.



Here is a slide of my work in Mahinga kai and Nanny Peka ==>




I really enjoyed reading a lot of these stories especially The Treaty of Waitangi, it's very interesting learning about New Zealand's history since I am a Filipino myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.