Pages

Friday, March 29, 2019

Reading Drawings

 Reading Drawings


Share your drawings and reflect on the questions below:

1)Share a picture of the scientist you drew. Why did you draw them like that? I drew the scientist like that because when I watch movies and sometimes there are scientist i see lots of male scientist more then females but I also know that females can be a scientist too.


2)Share a picture of the principal you drew. How come you chose a female/male principal? I choose a male for the principal because our principal in Hornby High school is a male.




3)Share a picture of the prime minister you drew. What inspired you to draw a leader who looks like that? I choose too make a female for the prime minister because I wanted to make a female since the other drawings were males and also because our prime minister is a female.

4) What did you notice about all the drawings in our group? I noticed that male or female could be any of one of this jobs and nothing is wrong or right for male and female.What was similar or what was different? The similarity is that all of these drawing have a position and the difference is that they all have different jobs and different genders.


5) In your own words, what is a gender stereotype? I think gender stereotype means that someone judges you of like something they think is only for there gender.( Example: " Guy: How can a girl run a business).


6) Do you think that certain jobs or roles have a gender stereotype? I don't think that there's any difference between genders doing different jobs I mean they both work and both of the genders are equal.


7) Do you think older or younger children would draw the people the same way? What might influence their opinions or ideas? I think younger children might not cause all of our minds have different imaginations and I think older children would might make the same drawings because normally people this days watch television and watch on other gadgets and some watch shows that have like scientist or a high school show and for me when i watch high schools shows I normally see the principal as a male but I've also seen female principals too like school or rock.


8) Read this article. What did you find interesting? I found interesting abut this story that younger children drew lot of male scientist but once they were much more older they started to draw female scientist. Was there any points that bothered you? What bothered me was nothing.

9) If we did this again, how might your drawings be different? i would try to draw different genders not just males or females but both.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.