Pages

Thursday, September 30, 2021

ESOL REFLECTION

ESOL REFLECTION

 The best lesson for me this term was when we did the hearing test and got free time at the end of the lesson. I enjoyed doing the hearing test because it was challenging and that you needed to carefully listen to be able to get a high score. I also enjoyed it when at the end of the lesson the teacher let us use our phones and film videos. Something I enjoyed very much throughout the year was when we had to do a slide presentation about something that was related to a movie called Penguin, A movie that thought about the process of grief. It was my favourite lesson of ESOL when we all had to present our projects and read them out loud,  although it was a bit embarrassing, we all managed to overcome our fears and present to the whole class.

I was very proud of the presentation I did since I spent a really long time practising, making the slide look interesting, and also researching about Thailand. Something that I would do differently next term is to fix my volume when I speak and carefully listen to the teacher when they are explaining something to us that is important for our learning. 

I hope next term we can do more physical activities in groups, like going on a trip somewhere, debates between each other, kahoots, quizlets, etc). I like having ESOL especially when I am together with my friends.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks Zoe. I really enjoyed your thoughtful reflection and the aspects of the ESOL class that you most enjoyed. I will endeavour to make Term 4 even more engaging for you with more quizzes and games. I didn't realise that giving you five minutes on your private devices would mean so much to you all!

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.