Pages

Thursday, September 30, 2021

DLO SOCIAL STUDIES

 DLO SOCIAL STUDIES

What was the New Zealand Land March? A land march that was lead by Whina Cooper including 50000 Marchers. It was a petition that was signed by more than 60,000 people. 

Understand the events that caused the protest? The protest took place because Maori were suffering cultural loss, land alienations. Basically in the past Maori were treated unfairly compared to other people in New Zealand. The Land March was successfully led with the support of many and by a very special person called Dame Whina Cooper who led the Land March proudly.

After the New Zealand land march, the Maori finally had enough courage to stand up for themselves and everyone started being aware of the land loss and everything else. They also started letting Maori speak their own languages, share their culture with other people, making Maori language week an official event around New Zealand, and also making Maori one of the official languages in New Zealand.

For these three weeks, I've learnt more about Maori culture and about its historical past.






No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.