Pages

Thursday, September 16, 2021

P.E

For the past week, we have been playing badminton in P.E. Today I am going to tell you how to score a game of badminton.

You can play badminton in singles or pairs. There are smaller lines over to the and wider/deeper lines for a double match.

If you hit the shuttlecock over to the opposition side, and they don't hit it, but it lands within the court lines, you score a point.

if a server is unsuccessful in hitting the shuttlecock over the net, or the serve doesn't go diagonal, it's a point to the other team and they get the next serve.

if you hit the shuttlecock out of the lines/court, it's a point to the other team.

if you don't hit the shuttlecock, or don't hit it back over the net, and it falls to the ground on your side of the court, its a point to the other team.

The first team to reach 21 points wins the game. There are usually 3 games played. so you might win 3-0, 2-1 or 2-0.

if the teams are both on 20 points in a game, the winner must get two points ahead to win, eg. 22-20.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.