Pages

Friday, March 5, 2021

Athletics P.E

 Athletics P.E

For the past few weeks since school started for P.E we have been training for athletics day, Discus, High Jump, Long jump, Sprints, Shotput. At first, I was terrified of participating in every sport except sprints. I felt insecure doing them but in the end, I managed to include myself on every single one except shotput since I was away for two days. When Athletics day came up I was more confident in myself, I improved a lot more at discus and I gave high jump my best shot. We weren't able to participate in Long Jump and Shotput. We weren't able to get our scores on Athletics day but I did improve a lot more! 

Results before Athletics day:

Long Jump: 2 metres

High Jump: 80 cm

100 Metres: 20.9s

Discus: 5.1 m


For these past weeks, I always have brought my PE gear to school every time we have P.E. A tip I could give for high jump is to spend most of your energy, around 90% on the run-up and takeoff. For Long jump, it's better to fall forward than backwards, Discus it's a lot better to stand on the ground with your feet wide apart. For sprints Focus on Posture and Core. Keep your torso upright, shoulders relaxed and away from your ears, and engage on your core. For shotput, it's best if you come to the top of your movement, push the ball out, keeping your elbow high.

Events | Athletics Canterbury

1 comment:

  1. Ka pai Zoe. This is a wonderful reflection of athletics. I like that you overcame your insecurity and participated in everything that you could. It's great that you are always organised with your PE gear and have a positive attitude. Mrs Hastie

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.