Pages

Friday, March 5, 2021

Athletics Day

Athletics Day

Yesterday was Athletics day, the 4th of March. Everyone in our three kahui's had to wear mufti in house colours, Mohua was gold/yellow, Riroriro was blue, and Tieke red. I had to wear something that had either gold or yellow to sport my team/kahui, along with some of my friends.

At the start of the day, we had to meet with our kahui's, Every single year groups, 7/8/9s,10/11s, and 12/13s. Every single building had its own special chant, Mohua went with Mohua! Who are we? Mohua! we would repeat it twice then we would say numbers in Maori then saying We are the warriors of Mohua! repeatedly.

Halfway throughout the day, we were separated into our own year groups, ex) Year 9 Males, Year 9 Females. Luckily I was together with my friends throughout the whole day. 

We were able to participate in High jump, Discus, and Sprints. Unfortunately, we weren't able to participate in Shotput since we somehow got separated from our group. 

I very much enjoyed Athletics day, although we weren't able to win. It was really fun doing athletics with my friends, doing chants, supporting our kahui, and being able to wear mufti.

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Zoe. It sounds like you had a great time on athletics day! Well done for getting into the spirit of things with your kahui. Your chants sounded awesome! Mrs Hastie

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.