Pages

Thursday, September 12, 2019

Maths DLO

Maths DLO

Today I will be showing you how to use the spillting stratedgy using Mulitplication. it's kinda like using the columns stratedgy but different.

The splitting stratedgy is when we multiply numbers into 2 pairs nd then add the parts.

For example: 25 x 4 =                                                 
25 x 4 ===> 20 x 4 = 80 + 5 x 4 = 20
80 + 20 
So, 25 x 4 = 100

1) first split 25 into 20 and 6.
2) then multiply each part of it.
3) Lastly add the annswers together. 

For my first time doing this it was pretty hard since I didn't really understand it then I figured it out, using this stratedgy is easier to do hard muitplication equations. 

Please give me feedback on what I should improve next time

1 comment:

  1. Kamusta Zoe!
    What a wonderful blog post you have there. I like how you keep it simple and straight forward. Maybe next time, you could do a screen castify instead but overall it was great. Do you enjoy maths?

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.