Pages

Monday, August 2, 2021

Abomination book Questions

Gloriavale Questions:

  • What are the traditional roles of men, women and children that are shown in this community? one traditional role for men would be construction.

  • At what age are members of Gloriavale expected to begin work? About 2 to 3 years old, basically when the child is able to walk.

  • What role does religion play in the lives of Gloriavale members? It is rumoured that if they leave Gloriavale in the afterlife they will go to hell.

  • Do you think the people living in Gloriavale are happy? Why or why not? In my opinion, I think most of them are neutral living in Gloriavale, the reason for this is because that was the way they were thought to live because of their strict religion. I do think some feel different but are afraid to speak about it to others.


  • Do you think the people in Gloriavale experience Human Rights? People in Gloriavale do not get to experience Human Rights especially women. They are told what their roles are.

  • Would you be happy to live in a community like Gloriavale. Why or why not? I would be unhappy to live in Gloriavale, having your own freedom taken away just when your life had started would be the worst.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.